TWO AMAZING COMPANIES COMING TOGETHER AS ONE
One Plus One = Something Greater Than Three
Benchmark Hospitality International & Gemstone Hotels & Resorts Join to Create Industry - Leading Portfolio of Services
With more than 55 years of combined experience, Benchmark Hospitality International and Gemstone Hotels & Resorts are joining in a strategic partnership to leverage our collective experience, resources and infrastructure to create one of the most powerful platforms in the independent hotel and resort hospitality space. The new organization will represent 58 properties and 10,000 staff members across the globe.
“This merger was a natural fit,” explains CEO Alex Cabañas. “Not only do we share a similar focus on unique and independent properties, but our organizational cultures align really well.”
While the merger represents a consolidation into a singular entity under one name, the dedication to maintaining the highest level of personal service for hotels, resorts and conference centers will not change. Both companies have assured their partners and property owners that they will not experience a service disruption. The new company will begin to integrate the best systems and resources from both organizations to create greater efficiencies immediately using a well-engineered plan, while other aspects of consolidation will occur over time.
“Passion, service and an entrepreneurial spirit will remain at the foundation of our new company,” says Jeff McIntyre, Co-President and COO. “Together, we will combine efforts to offer best-in-breed services for our partners.”
MERGER DETAILS AT A GLANCE:
- Benchmark Hospitality International & Gemstone Hotels & Resorts officially join together July 2016.
- The merger represents an opportunity to combine resources and experience to better serve the partners and the industry.
- Partners will not experience disruptions in service or operations.
- The new company will begin to integrate the best systems and resources from both organizations to create efficiencies following a well-engineered plan.
- Properties will not incur additional costs in FY16 associated with integration planning and meetings.
- Communication with all partners will be ongoing, beginning with a company retreat in August for all general managers and directors of sales and marketing.
Gemstone and Benchmark Property Locations
Meet the Partners
A Diverse, Award Winning Portfolio of Resorts & Hotels
- Benchmark Resorts & Hotels
- Gemstone Collection
- Meeting & Event Venues
Birmingham - Central
London - Central
London - City
London - Southbank
Manchester - Central
Conference Centers & Asset Managed Properties
The newly combined organization is also a leader in the managing of private conference centers, which are listed below.
Deloitte University - Canada
Downtown Conference Center
Edith Macy Conference Center
Johnson Foundation's Wingspread
Lockheed Martin Center of Leadership Excellence
S.C. Johnson's Council House
Tokyo Conference Center Ariake
Tokyo Conference Center Shinagawa
UCLA Meyer and Renee Luskin Conference Center
World of Whirlpool
ASSET MANAGED PROPERTIES
Total asset management portfolio will consist of 15 properties representing both independent hotels and resorts as well as 5 different branded properties.
Renaissance Chicago North Shore
La Cantera Resort and Spa
DoubleTree, Buckhead Atlanta
DoubleTree, Tulsa Downtown
Campus Tower Suites
Coast Fraser Towers
Ritz-Carlton, Key Biscayne
Ritz-Carlton, Coconut Grove
Ritz-Carlton, FT. Lauderdale
Ritz-Carlton, Bachelors Gulch