Benchmark properties reduce energy use while sustaining, and whenever possible enhancing, the guest experience by using energy efficient central operations such as boilers to lighting systems, kitchen equipment, and automated energy management systems. Benchmark preferred partner: Carbon Lighthouse, Grainger
Within guest rooms, laundries, kitchens, pools, and spas, Benchmark properties continue to implement efficiencies that reduce water and, in many cases, chemicals that are used to treat water systems and clean facilities. Efforts include the “Green Choice” linen and towel reuse programs to the installation of low-flow faucets, showerheads, and other fixtures. Benchmark preferred partners: Ecolab, Grainger
In combination with standard recycling efforts of newspapers and beverage containers, Benchmark properties participate in other opportunities to reduce landfill waste. Such as food waste composting, elimination of all single-use disposables, offering “Green Meetings.” Additionally, our partnership with Clean The World allows participating properties to send open-package bar soap to a recycling facility for a good cause, significantly reducing landfill waste. Benchmark preferred partners: Jet Waste, Eco-Products, IACC, CleantheWorld.org, SoapAid.org
Many Benchmark properties have transitioned guest bath amenities to all-natural, essential oil-based formulated products made without preservatives and artificial ingredients that are packaged in recyclable containers. Benchmark also promotes the use of high-end bulk dispensers to eliminate product and landfill waste. Benchmark Preferred Partners: Lather, Bee Kind, Box Soap, Aquamenities
Guest Room Print & Room Keys
Benchmark’s partnership with The Regency Group provides our portfolio with access to recycled paper materials and other green products, such as eco-friendly pencils versus the traditional pen. Guest room plastic key cards are shifting from the traditional plastic card (a highly toxic manufacturing process) to card options, when keyless is not in place, made from paper, wood, and bioplastic that are better for the environment but equally as durable. Benchmark Preferred Partner: The Regency Group
Benchmark properties have shifted to hypo-allergenic, phosphate-free, and other natural cleaners. These more natural products have demonstrated performance and are less irritating to guests, employees, and the environment. Benchmark Preferred Partners: Ecolab and Johnson & Johnson
Benchmark properties connect guests to their local in a more experiential and sustainable way. Our restaurants integrate local products and use fresh, seasonal and organic produce, hormone-free meats and dairy, and other natural products that provide travelers more sustainable and healthier cuisine offerings. Benchmark Preferred Partners: Local and Regional Dairy, Meat, Produce, Seafood suppliers.
Bottled Water Alternatives
In support of waste reduction and a higher quality experience, many Benchmark properties are moving away from bottled water and instead offer unique hydration options for guests and meeting attendees. Such as: conveniently located filtered water dispensers and complimentary refillable bottles. Benchmark Preferred Partners: Grainger, The Regency Group
- We source sustainable foods that are produced without hazardous pesticides and chemicals, non-essential antibiotics or growth promotion supplements.
- We procure beef with no added steroids and 100% vegetarian diet as well as poultry that contains no animal bi-products. We are environmentally conscious about the seafood we source with an attention to quality and purity tracking.
- We recognize that nutrition and wellness play an increasing role in defining sustainable foods, as such it is important to us to focus on plant-based and whole foods with fewer processed ingredients.
- We understand that it isn’t just about controlling waste, but about utilizing the proper disposables. As such we strive to eliminate single-use plastics and replacing with disposables made from compostable sugarcane or corn (PLA), pure cellulose, that are plant-based or gluten-free and are 100% recyclable.
- We support local cooperatives, who catch, harvest and produce the food we serve. We are proud to work alongside these partners to help support their local communities. We know where our food comes from and our guests should as well.
- We partner with food and beverage brands within our properties by offering products that support sustainability, fair labor and charitable causes.
HOMETOWN HOSPITALITY: CARING FOR OUR COMMUNITIES
COMMITMENT TO SERVICE
Our commitment to service doesn’t end when we leave work for the day. We’re actively involved in our own communities through a company-wide service initiative, Hometown Hospitality: Caring for Our Communities. Benchmark employees across the country and around the globe are making a big difference for their neighbors.
HOMETOWN HOSPITALITY: CARING FOR OUR COMMUNITIES
Hometown Hospitality formalizes many active community involvement programs and offers tools for properties to become engaged as vital contributors in their home communities.
When away from home, we are distanced from our daily biological rhythms and exposed to countless unknowns, environmental hazards and discomforts. Stay Well Premier is designed to mitigate these variables by introducing scientifically validated features into the guest room to optimize health, vitality, relaxation and well-being. The Air Purification system reduces allergens, toxins and other microbes. The Stay Well Mattress, a natural memory foam derived from plant extracts provides optimal support while the encasement helps maintain a more hygienic sleep environment. Available in King, Double Queen, or Jr. Suite bedding configurations with a maximum capacity of 4 guests.
Purify & Rejuvenate
- Air Purification - Enjoy six stages of ultra-quiet filtration including a HEPA, odor and carbon filter. Air is purified 4 times per hour and reduces pollen, mold spores, odors and other pollutants
- Energizing Light - Bright white light increases serotonin providing mental acuity and levels of alertness. Great for guests experiencing jetlag as the light shifts the body’s natural sleep and wake cycle
- Aromatherapy - Enjoy the scent of natural essential oils with the ability to customize your level of scent
- Shower Infuser - Reduces chlorine, which can dry the skin, hair and nails
- Drinking Water Filtration - Enjoy purified drinking water from your sink. The Stay Well Water Filter removes chemicals, and pollutants from your sink water.
Sleep & Rest
- Stay Well Mattress - Comprised of natural memory foam material providing optimal, contouring support and deep pressure relief. This cooling mattress is made of hevea milk, plant extracts and essential oils. The mattress encasement is comprised of 3 layers; a top soft and smooth cotton layer; a middle breathable and waterproof layer; and a bottom 100% cotton layer for increased strength and durability.
- Night Lighting - Subtle lighting in the bathroom provides illumination for safe navigation while minimizing sleep disruption
- Soundscape - Rhythmic sounds help lull you to sleep or unwind from a stressful day. Choose from 6 natural sounds including Rain, White Noise, Brook, Ocean, Summer Night and Thunder
- Dawn Simulator - Wake up gently, gradually and more naturally with increasing levels of light and sound.
Fitness & Wellness
- Nalu Kinetic Spa Membership - Stay Well guests receive Nalu Kinetic Spa's Membership privileges during their stay which includes unlimited fitness classes, special discounts at the spa and more.
- In-Room Fitness Equipment - Enjoy the convenience of fitness equipment in your room including a yoga mat, stability ball, and a Rad Roller All in kit
- Cleveland Clinic and Wellness - Guests receive complimentary access to award-winning Cleveland Clinic Wellness programs. Programs include “GO! FOODS FOR YOU”, “GO! TO SLEEP” and “STRESS FREE NOW”
- Nutritious Menu Options - In-room dining with a special curated menu of nutritious food choices provided by Turtle Bay's Executive Chef.