HEALTH & SAFETY
Our Commitment to Protecting Your Safety, Health and Wellbeing
Our Valued Guests,
For nearly 40 years, we have preserved and maintained a fierce commitment established by our founder, Burt Cabañas, that our employees and guests are our most important priority. In the spirit of our Be the Difference values and culture, we have continued to respond to the ongoing COVID-19 Coronavirus with an uncompromising commitment to protect the safety and wellbeing of all those we serve.
Throughout this entire process, our most sincere thoughts and prayers have been with anyone who has been affected by this unparalleled event. We have profound respect for all of those health care providers, first responders, and all those on the front line who have been selflessly caring for those affected, in addition to doing everything possible to protect us from the contagion. Please know that we have been doing everything possible to monitor all COVID-19 activity 24 hours a day for over two months. We are determined to identify and take every possible precaution to ensure the health and safety our of guests and employees is protected and maintained.
We understand that in this environment travel may not be a current priority for some of you, however, we are starting to experience increasing demand by some of our guests that are eager to once again visit some of our properties. Although our hotels are opening in stages over a period of a few months, we look forward to the opportunity to welcome and serve you in the near future. In addition, please rest assured that when you do travel, know that we have implemented extensive and elevated new protocols for your safety and protection at all of our properties. We have been moving forward with an unyielding commitment to your safety, health and wellness. As we all welcome the the summer vacation season, and you do have plans to venture out for a well-deserved getaway, we hope you will keep us in mind. We sincerely miss you.
We will continue to get through this together. In the interim, be safe, be well and Be The Difference.
Chief Executive Officer
Elevated Safety and Sanitization Procedures & Standards
Benchmark has always placed a robust emphasis on the health and safety of our guests and associates. However, due to the effects of the coronavirus pandemic, we have expeditiously elevated our already demanding standards with innovative protocols that are appropriate for the heightened expectations of the new normal. These expectations include higher standards of cleanliness for the hotels as well as improved protocols for social distancing.
Our Property Commitment to Elevated Safety and Sanitization Plan will:
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations
- Meet or exceed the expectations of our guests and our employees.
- Considers the recommendations of Benchmark, AH&LA, CDC, and other guidelines.
To promote the health and safety of our communities, face coverings are required for guests and associates in all indoor public areas.
Improved Property Hygiene and Cleanliness Standards
The following updated standards and new protocols for safety, hygiene and cleanliness for all Benchmark Properties were developed with the goal of optimizing the safety of the guest and employee experience.
- Properties must comply with all minimum state and local guidelines related to COVID-19
- Elevated Safety and Sanitization training for all team members as related to COVID-19
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required as part of uniforms for all Team Members (recommended)
- Creative options to maintain guest experience while minimizing guest contact.
- Utilization of EPA-approved cleaning & disinfecting agents that kill the COVID-19 virus
- Hand Sanitizer Stations at high traffic customer touch points
- Signage throughout public spaces on cleanliness, social distancing, and hand hygiene
Guestroom Cleanliness & Sanitization
We have greatly expanded our already rigorous and demanding standards of housekeeping and hygiene to provide our guests with the very optimum in guest room sanitation and disinfection processes and procedures.
All guest rooms cleaned and disinfected in accordance with CDC guidelines. Industry-leading disinfectant solutions and recommended equipment used, with enhanced emphasis on high-touch areas
Meetings Inspired by a Sense of Health & Well Being
As we all move forward with a heightened awareness for health and wellness practices, Benchmark invites you to experience the transformation of the traditional meeting. Our approach embraces thoughtful accommodations for safe distancing and elevated hygiene procedures, while providing distinctive meeting environments, the latest technology and mindfulness programming.
- Cleanliness: More frequent cleaning in high traffic areas and often-touched surfaces using EPA-approved chemicals rated for emerging viral pathogens. Thorough cleaning of all hard surfaces in meeting spaces and disinfect arms of chairs and other detailed surfaces nightly.
- Attendee flow: Clearly marked event room entrances and exits and signage highlighting physical guidelines for physical distancing and PPE.
- Meeting room sets: Customized floor plans that follow CDC guidelines based on optimal spacing, safety and guest interaction.
- Technology support: Audio-visual capabilities and in-house expertise to produce high quality hybrid meetings. Sanitized audio-visual equipment and staff support for guest use.
- Safe & healthy breaks: House made, single serve breaks are creatively prepared, attended and served.
- Dining: Elevated fully curated box meals, customized plated courses, all taking full advantage of our properties’ unique and expansive indoor and outdoor spaces.